Apply for mentoring
If you have an interest in writing, fine art, design or performance that you’d like to develop, then we want to hear from you.
Whether you’d like some help to create new work, or guidance to take your talent to the next level, mentoring from Koestler Arts can help you progress. We offer mentoring across England and Wales in a range of artforms.
What’s a mentoring session like?
Through our two different mentoring pathways, we offer support to people who want to develop their arts-based activities and skills by having one-to-one mentoring sessions. You’ll work with your mentor to identify the goals you’d like to achieve, such as applying to college, creating a piece of work or accessing local arts resources and receive support from your mentor and Koestler Arts to achieve these.
A typical mentoring session might involve:
- Going to an exhibition with your mentor to look at other artists’ work
- Receiving feedback on something you have recently created
- Asking your mentor for advice on your technique
- Working on an application to college or further education
- Your mentor suggesting resources to expand your knowledge
- Finding out about courses or events in your arts field
- Doing a joint project with your mentor to develop your skills
- Building your confidence
- Your mentor supporting you to perform a piece of your own work
How do I apply for Koestler Mentoring?
If you’re interested in being mentored, you can download an application form below, and send it to the Outreach Team at our Freepost address. Alternatively, you can request a paper copy. We will write to you when we’ve received your application and ask a referee to support your participation in the mentoring scheme.